SPORTSMAN'S STEWARDSHIP PLEDGE
· I pledge to live a Lifestyle of Stewardship on and off the water. Living as a steward means making choices throughout my daily life that benefit lakes, streams and seas - and the fish that swim in them - because my Lifestyle Runs Downstream.
· I will learn the fish and game laws where I hunt or fish and always abide by them.
· I will practice Catch & Release and Selective Harvest faithfully and responsibly.
· I will "police my resource" by turning in poachers and reporting polluters.
· I will make up for "the other guy" by cleaning up litter wherever my adventures take me.
· I will boat safely and responsibly, never trespass, and treat other enthusiasts respectfully.
· I will inspect, clean and dry my boat, boots and waders when moving between waters to prevent the spread of invasive species.
· I will provide my time, money, or other resources to support stewardship efforts.
· I will take steps to see that my home, lawn, vehicle, workplace and everyday lifestyle are fish-friendly as I can make them by reducing my water, energy, material and chemical footprint.
· I will encourage others to take on this ethic and will connect others with the outdoors to grow the stewardship community.
· I choose to serve as a role model in protecting what remains and recovering what’s been lost of our wild and natural places.
· I will do my best to honor this pledge and pass this legacy on to future generations of anglers and sportsmen.
· I am a Steward.
No Cost or Fees