2011 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon
Thanks to every angler, donor and sponsor in the 2011 Recycled Fish 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon presented by Scheels and Griffin Fishing Charters. . The event took place on September 9-10, 2011, and was our biggest success to date.
With over $17,500 raised (not including in-kind donations) we raised more in the third year than in the first two combined. Over 2,000 fish were caught, photographed and released. The teams removed over 13,000 pieces of trash with cigarette butts being the most numerous item removed. People were moved. Over 500 individual donors, 26,000 grassroots interactions and an estimated 256,000 media impressions for our waters got people involved in solving the problems facing our waters.
See the full report including fun photos and the prizes that our angler-ambassadors won, including fishing trips of a lifetime to Griffin Fishing Charters in the Louisiana Delta and Spring Bay Resort in Minnesota’s North Woods.
Watch a short highlight video of the many fish that our anglers caught, photographed and released.
Of course, you can still read about the fisheries, the problems facing them, and how you can help. The event may be over, but donations are always welcome.
To learn more about the trips we offered this year, please see our article Epic Trips Await 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon Anglers.
To learn more about getting involved next year, please email Ben, our Tournaments Director.
Spring Bay Resort
Griffin Fishing Charters
Dragon's Custom Rods
2011 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon Teams
- Team Playland - Randy, Terry & Buddy | PA | Geneva Swamp
- Team Playland2 - Jim, Jesse & Zackary | PA | Geneva Swamp
- Team Bass Addicts - Kevin, Ted & John | DE | Delaware River
- Team Bear Trail | Nanci & Kate | AK | Naknek River
- Team Miller - Jim & Gary | NE | Platte River
- Team CRA - Anthony, Paul & Andy | WI | Mississippi River
- Team Kayakjak - Marty & Christian | NE | Rock Creek
- Team NEFGA Outstaters - Corey,& Ken & Mike | NE | Ft. Kearny SRA
- Team Dragon's Custom Rods - Arron, Erin, Faith & Shi | NE | Olive Creek SRA
- Team Scotts Elite Lures - Scott & Steve | IA | Lake Hooper
- Team Fishing Friendzy - Mike, Eddy, Caitlin | ON | Beaver Lake
- Team Cumberland - Tommy & Emily Anne | NC | Cape Fear River
- Team Flyinit - Mike, Scott & Kimmy | PA | Penn's Creek
- Team Zombie - Andre, Xoua & Paulette | MN | Spring Lake
- Team Count - Denny, Terry & Amy | MI | Middle Lake
- Team Save the SC Striped Bass | Michael & Adrian | SC | Congaree River
- Team Fishfeeders | Ben, Brandon & Steve | IA | Big Creek Lake
- Team NEFGA | Alex, Brian &Josh | NE | Two Rivers SRA
- Team Savuka Kayaks | Ed & Kristi | NE | Fremont SRA
- Team Toads | Kevin, Josh & Caleb | NE | MO River
- Team Skinny Dippers | Joe, Cari & Eric | IN | Lake of the Woods
- Team Bacon | Bobby, Kevin & Shawn | NE | Wagon Train
- Team Catch Us If You Can | Jason, Clint & Chris | TX | Lake Ray Hubbard
- Team 12oz Jiggers | Aaron, Noah & Abbigail | MN | Eagle Lake
- Team Roaring Fork Anglers | Red & Gill | CO | Roaring Fork & Colorado Rivers
|2011 24 hour FishAThon Team Leaders|
|East of the Mississippi River||West of the Mississippi River|
(724) 859-2747 - after 5PM
or Give Ben a shout: email@example.com. If he can’t answer your question, he’ll get you to someone who can.
Erin Slater won "Best Hero Shot" with the photo of this nice bass she caught during the 2010 24 hour FishAThon.